Submit by March 26, 2018
Link to submit your video: https://goo.gl/forms/QEGtN9GuACHVLbtP2
STEP 1: QUALIFY
- Are you an upperclassmen? (Junior or Senior)
- Are you available to present for 2 hours during Fall New Student Orientation?
- Thursday Aug 30th 1-3pm
- Friday Aug 31st 10am-12pm
- Friday Aug 31st 1-3pm
- If yes, you qualify!
Step 2: DETAILS
- 6 Winners will recieve $100 to the BYU Store
- 3-5 minute “TED Talk” style presentation
- “What I Wish I Knew as A First-year Student.”
- Videos will be shown at Summer and Fall New Student Orientation
Step 3: RECORD your TEDxNSO
- Length of presentation: 3-5 mins
- Quality of the recording will be considered.
- Please consider the Honor Code in your appearance and language.
- Audience: please consider your audience- your audience are students coming to BYU for their first year. They range from true 18 yr old freshman to Return Missionaries to Transfer students (sophomores or juniors).
- Content will be judged on a scale of 1-5 in the following categories
- Relevant to theme
- Length of Time
- Honor Code Compliant
Step 4: SUBMIT your VIDEO
- Save your video to your google drive
- Submit your contact info and video link at: https://goo.gl/forms/QEGtN9GuACHVLbtP2
- Submissions due by March 26
- Winners will be notified by April 20
Questions? Please contact the Office of First-Year Experience
801-422-4243 firstname.lastname@example.org 2014JKB